support > getting started
Even if you have never used a portable spam filter before, you can be up and running within 5 minutes of installing Chrysanth Mail Manager. Just follow these simple steps:
- Run Chrysanth Mail Manager by selecting:
Start->Programs->Chrysanth->Chrysanth NETime->Chrysanth Mail Manager
Double click on the desktop shortcut or Quick Launch shortcut created during installation of Chrysanth Mail Manager.
This is the shortcut icon for Chrysanth Mail Manager:
- The first task is to set up the email accounts for which you want Chrysanth Mail Manager to identify and filter junk emails:
- Select Setup->Accounts
- To import your existing Outlook or Outlook Express mail accounts, click the Import button. To set up your accounts manually, click Add.
- After setting up your email accounts, click Close to exit the Account Setup dialog.
- Now you are ready to go! Click on the Check Mail button, and watch as your mail headers are fetched into Chrysanth Mail Manager. As verification proceeds, soon each email will be identified as junk email, normal email, email from friends or blacklisted email, depending on your current settings.
- Have any junk emails been identified? Check everything over, clicking the corresponding boxes in the Delete or Bounce columns. (Bouncing returns a notice to the sender indicating that your address does not exist.) If you notice any messages that have been wrongly identified as junk emails, be sure to clear their Delete box.
- Once you are satisfied with the actions you want Chrysanth Mail Manager to perform, click the Process Mail button to vaporize those junk emaisl from your mail box.
- Now you can switch to your regular email program to download the rest of your mail, knowing that it will only find mail you really want! Click the View button, and you're there.